As of this writing, seventy-three individuals have created accounts on the UnOfficial Wiki of the 2008 SAA Annual Meeting in San Francisco. Where are the rest of you? For all of you wondering why to create an account, here are some reasons to join the wiki fun:
Not presenting? There are still plenty of ways you can use the wiki to improve your conference experience.
- Add info about an Alumni Gathering.
- Start a new page to organize a new Unofficial Event.
- When you create an account on the wiki a page is automatically created for you. My own User page is still fairly sparse, but you can see how I have used it to both share some basic biographic information as well as to keep track of my plans for during the meeting. Don’t forget to add yourself to the Introductions page.
Not going to the conference? Look through the Introductions page and take the opportunity to reconnect with your colleagues. The annual meeting gives everyone a chance to focus on the latest thoughts and activities in the archives community – no matter where you are. See a session you wish you could attend? Add a note to that session’s page – let the presenters and those who might blog the session know about your interest.
Have questions or need help? Drop me a message via my contact page and I will lend a hand. Remember – wikis are very sturdy, you won’t break it!
- Final Count Down to SAA2007
- Reflections on SAA2007 and Ten Tips for an Optimal Conference Experience
- Unofficial SAA2007 Chicago Conference Wiki Now Online
- SAA2008: PDFs of Conference Presentations