- When: Sunday May 25th, 9pm-10.30pm GMT (5pm-6:30pm EDT)
- Where: Open Air Auditorium at Cybrary City, Second Life
This sounds like a great way to kill two birds with one stone. If you have been looking for a reason to explore Second Life or you have been wondering about how wikis are being used to benefit archives and special collections (or both!) – this looks like a great combination.
In the interest of full disclosure – I admit that I won’t be there. The first (and last) time I tried to explore Second Life I got motion sick after about 15 minutes. I understand that this is not very common – but since I am one of those people who get motion sick watching others play 3D video games I wasn’t too surprised. I have a theory about trying again one day with a Second Life expert at my side to help me tweak my settings to the least ‘hand held camera’ version of the Second Life experience – I just haven’t gotten there yet. Any tips from Second Life gurus welcome!
- SAA2008: The Wiki is Online
- Freebase Parallax Search Interface: Exploring Olympic Games Facts
- Political Campaign Ads from the NBC News Archives Find New Audience on Hulu.com
- 129th anniversary of Thomas Edison’s Invention of the Phonograph